Maternity Sessions & How to Prepare
Hi There! I am so excited to work with you. I am honored to be chosen to capture such an incredible moment in your lives. Thank you for choosing me!
Studio: 1559 Monroe Ave, Rochester NY 14618
- Get plenty of sleep the night before.
- Have a great meal before your sesion. Drink plenty of liquids but try to avoid it too much close to your session time. If we are on location, many times there are no bathrooms around. There’s water and other beverages in our studio but if you are unsure, bring your bottle of water - especially if going on location.
- Avoid anything elastic on the belly on your way to the session. Throw a dress on, wear low waisted undies and avoid anything that will leave marks on your belly.
- Makeup is suggested. I suggest going a little heavier on the mascara and wearing a lipstick that isn’t too dark but shows a nice contrast on your natural skin color.
- If you are wearing one of my long gowns, they dont show any shoes so wear something comfy. For shorter dresses or dresses that dont have a train, wear something cute in case they show. If we are going to a park, I dont recommend heels. We can take some barefoot too if shoes arent fitting.
Items you can bring
- When bringing partners or children have them wear clothes that are matching in tone.
- Strapless bra. Even if it doesnt fit! It will hold up the “girls” when you are wrapped or for the maternity gowns. NEUTRAL and/or BLACK are recommended. Tip: If you plan on wearing lighter dresses or see-through dresses, wear something that matches your skin tone for both bra and undies.
- For a casual look, bring or wear jeans that go below the belly and a cute fitted top.
- Skirts that go below the belly with a cute top makes cute shots also.
- If you love jewelry, bring your favorite pieces. Big necklaces will make a statement with studio photos.
- Cute shoes in case they show or something comfy to walk around. Most dresses hide shoes.
- A neutral undie for see-through maternity gowns. Feel free to match with any dresses you plan on wearing too.
Husband: What to Wear
I always recommend partners to wear a light gray plaid shirt, a neutral shirt (whites/grays) or plain white/gray/neutral t-shirt with no logos. Dark jeans are also recommended. Avoid sneakers or any clothes that are too bright in color.
Family: What to Wear
All family members are recommended to wear clothing around the same color palette but not completely matching. I do recommended at least one person to wear details like delicate flowers or color to break the pattern.
Husband: What to Wear
Staying neutral is always a great idea. It avoids taking mama's focus and it blends nicely with the gowns/outfits.
I look forward to working with you!
Follow me on Instagram