Maternity Sessions & How to Prepare
Hi There! I am so excited to work with you. I am honored to be chosen to capture such an incredible moment in your lives. Thank you for choosing me!
Studio: 1559 Monroe Ave, Rochester NY 14618
- Get plenty of sleep the night before.
- Have a great meal before your session. Drink plenty of liquids but try to avoid it too much close to your session time. If we are on location, many times there are no bathrooms around.
- Avoid anything elastic on the belly on your way to the session. Throw a dress on, wear low waisted undies and avoid anything that will leave marks on your belly.
- Professional Makeup is suggested. I suggest going a little heavier on the mascara and wearing a lipstick that isn’t too dark but shows a nice contrast on your natural skin color. Make your session day a special YOU day and have fun with it. Get your hair and makeup professionally done, its fun and it will make you feel amazing.
- If you are wearing one of my long gowns, they don't show any shoes so wear something comfy. For shorter dresses or dresses that don't have a train, wear something cute in case they show. If we are going to a park, I don't recommend heels. We can take some barefoot too if shoes aren't fitting.
- No Shoes Allowed in the Studio - Due to COVID 19 and to maintain the studio clean, no shoes are allowed. If you want photos with shoes, please bring them cleaned and sanitized.
- Maternity Petite Sessions in studio include one of my gowns. Not all dresses work well in studio so its very important that you allow me to recommend appropriate outfits for you. I use mainly white and gray backdrops, the best colors for these are black and white or light colored dresses. Even though it includes one gown, you may also use other props like fabrics or bring pretty lingerie. The casual looks with lingerie and a sweater or jacket are a perfect fit for studio sessions. If you want to bring something creative like that, feel free to do so.
- Only those being photographed will be allowed in studio. The studio is small and in order to social distance and be safe, please only bring those who are being photographed to the session.
Items you can bring
- When bringing partners or children have them wear clothes that are matching in tone.
- Strapless bra. Even if it doesn't fit! It will hold up the “girls” when you are wrapped or for the maternity gowns. NEUTRAL and/or BLACK are recommended. Tip: If you plan on wearing lighter dresses or see-through dresses, wear something that matches your skin tone for both bra and undies. If you want to bring a pretty lingerie for some photos, they will look great in studio.
- For a casual look, bring or wear jeans that go below the belly and a cute fitted top.
- Skirts that go below the belly with a cute top makes cute shots also.
- If you love jewelry, bring your favorite pieces. Big necklaces will make a statement with studio photos.
- Cute shoes in case they show or something comfy to walk around. Most dresses hide shoes.
- A neutral undie for see-through maternity gowns. Feel free to match with any dresses you plan on wearing too.
Husband: What to Wear
I always recommend partners to wear a light gray plaid shirt, a neutral shirt (whites/grays) or plain white/gray/neutral t-shirt with no logos. Dark jeans are also recommended. Avoid sneakers or any clothes that are too bright in color.
Family: What to Wear
All family members are recommended to wear clothing around the same color palette but not completely matching. I do recommended at least one person to wear details like delicate flowers or color to break the pattern.
Husband: What to Wear
Staying neutral is always a great idea. It avoids taking mama's focus and it blends nicely with the gowns/outfits.
I look forward to working with you!
Follow me on Instagram