Fall Outfit Ideas/Help
When it comes to your photos, outfits are crucial. If you are like most families, the most difficult part is planning what to wear for your fall family pictures. Coordinating family outfits is a challenge all its own. And when you added all the vibrant fall background colors into the equation, that can make planning your family outfits even trickier.
Tips & Recommendations:
- Avoid matching everyone - In my opinion as a photographer, when clients match completely, it makes the images very blend and without any structure. I love when clients arent coordinating at all, it gets you looking at every detail and its FUN. Instead, try coordinating color palletes that go together nicely. Examples: Navy blue/Yellow/Gray or Navy Blue/Gray/Orange or Gray/Burgundy/plaid ... Avoid bold reds, bold greens or sparkles...opt for a more fall muted toned colors.
- Make sure that there is some detail or not too much detail- Example: Mom wearing a flowery/detailed dress and kids wearing solid and dad maybe a plaid shirt or one of the kids wearing plaid. It has solids and it has details. We want a mix of both.
- Make sure your outfit is weather appropriate - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! We don't want kids shivering because it WILL BE COLD and you'll be able to tell on photos if they are uncomfortable. Make sure kids are warm and cozy for the day so that they enjoy and have fun.
- Avoid high heels - We will be running, jumping and chasing kiddos so I want you to feel comfortable and able to have some fun with the kids. Also because we will be at the park and it sometimes can get muddy. Let's embrace the boot/sweater season.
- Accessories - Don’t forget to think about your accessories. Hats, scarves, statement necklaces and earrings are a perfect way to take your outfit to the nest level. They make an outfit look polished, pulled together and complete. And they are a perfect way to add a pop of color.
**Remember - we are going to a park with tall grass, lots of colors around... when dressing everyone keep that in mind... we dont want to have you dress as if you are going to a fancy party. This is a little more laid back style so sweaters, jeans, khakis, etc...**
See below some of my previous favorite session outfits chosen for inspiration and feel free to ask me for help/ideas.